Since I was about 10 I have wanted to make one of these but I’ve only just got around to actually doing it!
As I already had a Rachel Allen recipe book with the instructions in it I thought I would use that one. It started off really well, the dough came together perfectly and cooked well, I trimmed them and stuck the sides together but unfortunately the roof was too small! The dimensions in the book are wrong! (so check first if you use this recipe from the book as opposed to the website, which is apparantly correct)
It was more time consuming than I thought as you had to wait 30 mions whilst the dough chilled in the fridge and then leave the house pieces for 30 mins to cool, but it was good fun to make. I got a bit stressed out when I realised the roof wouldn;t fit so had to improvise a bit, but I’ll know for next year!