I was talking with my friend last week about thie blog and about the daily things I do and she pointed out how the blog can make everything seem so happy and positive, which of course isn’t true all the time, so I thought I’d share some of the things that have gone wrong lately:
- All of the tadpoles died a couple of weeks ago, it looks as though a slug fell into the water and took all the oxygen, it was also a very hot few days which doesn’t help with the oxygen in the water, very sad as they were doing so well!
- My potatoes have miserably failed this year – the picture is the whole lot out of 2 batches planted – shameful!
- We hardly ever use the washable nappies anymore – they seem to stretch all of little T’s clothes, and as I sell most of her clothes on ebay(or give them to chariy) once she has outgrown them, it seems silly to ruin them all. I haven’t given up on them completley as I really don’t like using the disposables but I’m yet to find a solution!
- I sometimes struggle to find things to do at the weekend on a very tight budget and we are often wondering where to go on a rainy day, picnics and playing in the sun is great, though we’re sometimes stumped by a miserable day.
- Our only yellow tomato plant has completley died, so no yellow tomatoes this year.
- I am very bad at starting things and then getting impatient and finishing them in a hurry, hence why this blog could do with a bit of a tidy up!
- I keep forgetting to bake bread recently so keep buying shop-bought bread. A habit that I need to get out of.
- On the way back from a local farm visit with T, my husband and my mother-in-law, our car decided to stop working whilst we were doing 60mph along the dual carriageway. We had a lucky escape as no accident or anything, but it was a stressful few hours waiting to be towed back home and then arranging a new car and the old car to be taken away, all done in under 3 days but a stressful time all the same!
- Little ‘T’ is still not the best sleeper and it’s begining to take it’s toll on us now, ok so I can hardly complain as she currently sleeps from 12.30 until 2.30 pm and then is in bed at 7pm without a fuss and gets up at 7am, but all the same she wakes most nights for a little chat to herself or a slight moan but then I’m wide awake and can’t get back to sleep so I’m not feeling very rested at the moment!
- We are bored of colds and hayfever now too, it seems that as ‘T’ is growing those big back teeth she seems to pick up all the little germs and passes them on to us, I’m sure it’s the same for most parents, but just another ‘moan’ to add to the list!!
Anyway, I think that’s about enough, not very cheery writing all that but wanted to share some of the daily grinds in our house at the moment to keep this place ‘real’! Right, more washing up to do, a quick sweep of the floor and then cook dinner for my husband and step-son now that ‘T’ is tucked up in bed!